I don’t know about anyone else, but Mother’s Day really sneaked up on me this year. I think it’s because it’s one of those holidays that’s not on the same date every year. Nevertheless, it is here and I’m excited to celebrate my favorite girl. I got a gift for my mom over the weekend, but it dawned on me that some of my fellow royals may still need to get something for the special women in their life. As always, I’m here to help and found 5 affordable last-minute mother’s day gift ideas any mom would be thrilled to receive.
5 Affordable Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Anything from Things Remembered. I am obsessed with pretty much anything and everything from Things Remembered, simply because you can customize basically everything they have. There are small keepsakes like lockets or picture frames, photo albums, or even throws that you can get personalized for the special lady in your life. The best part about it all is that they are fast! Things Remembered is able to personalize your goods and have it ready the same day!
- Lotion, Fragrance, and Bath Salts. I don’t know man women that don’t love being pampered. However a trip to the spa can get pretty expensive, pretty quickly. Give mom the supplies to pamper herself like lotion, oils, bubble bath, and bath salts. One of my favorite places to pick up smell good stuff is Bath & Body Works. They have a wide variety of scents and their prices are extremely reasonable. You could get mom a lotion, body wash, and body mist set for $40-50 and what’s better is that they often have buy 1, get 1 sales.
- A homemade meal. Flip the script on mom and let her kick back and relax while you whip up dinner. Maybe you can really impress her by making her favorite meal! Of course, once you’re done clean everything so she gets the entire night off. You can really wow her if you pull out the real plates, silverware, and glassware, instead of the disposable stuff. If you aren’t the best chef, don’t worry. You can always order take out and serve it to her to still give her a night off from making dinner.
- Personalized coordinate cuff. If you’re leading lady is into fashion/jewelry then this custom-made coordinate cuff bracelet is perfect for her. Select a place that’s special to the two of you and help her think of it every day when she looks down at her wrist. Maybe you give her the coordinates of the childhood home she raised you in or maybe you all took a special trip and you want her to reminder of that, the choices are endless.
- Amazon Echo Dot. If I had a dollar for every time my mom asked me to look something up while she was making one of her Pinterest recipes I’d be rich. Amazon Echo Dot is the assistant mom doesn’t even realize she needs. What I love most about these little things is that it’s kind of like a charm bracelet that you keep buying charms for. You can buy mom the Echo Dot for Mother’s Day and then buy her a Nest for Christmas. She’ll be able to control the Nest from the Echo Dot! Even if she’s not ready to make her home a smart home, she can use Echo Dot the same way she uses google or even just to order food!
There you have it folks! If you still haven’t done your Mother’s Day shopping, don’t worry you still have a few more days. It’s important to remember this day isn’t about how much money you spend, but spending quality time with the woman or women who raised you. If you genuinely can’t afford to purchase anything, that’s okay. Make mom a homemade card and spend some quality interrupted (i.e. not on your phone the whole time) time together.
Which one of these affordable last-minute Mother’s Day gifts is perfect for the woman in your life? What will you and your mom be up to for Mother’s Day?